Determining the rental value of a property can be tricky. Of course you want to optimise your profits but you will also want to retain tenant’s year on year. At Own Homes, we understand the importance of this and strive to get the right balance for you, placing great tenants into your property who will not only look after it but meet their financial responsibilities to you each month. For these reasons we take the following into account when valuing your rental property.
- WHO DO YOU WANT LIVING IN YOUR PROPERTY?
- YOUR INVESTMENT NEEDS
- HOW INVOLVED DO YOU WANT TO BE?
- WHAT DO COMPARABLE PROPERTIES RENT FOR?
- HOW LONG DO YOU PLAN TO RENT IT OUT FOR?
- THE CURRENT RENTAL MARKET
- THE CONDITION OF YOUR PROPERTY
Make sure Own Homes are the right agent for you and your needs.
Our team can offer advice on how you can smarten up your property to make it more appealing to prospective tenants and also to maximise how much rent you can charge. Whenever possible, we guide landlords to work with what the property already has.
This might include:
- Decorating or refurbishing – a neutral colour scheme with durable carpets or stylish but economical laminate flooring is always a good option.
- Adding additional storage – this could be as simple as adding a loft ladder or clearing out an existing garden shed.
- Make sure your fixtures are working
- Nice, clean bathrooms and kitchens are always popular and can provide the “wow” factor in a property – people will pay more for these!
Own Homes recognises that for landlords, rental income is a business investment, and therefore our goal is to turnover the best return possible.
TOP TIPS FOR LANDLORDS
- AVOID AN EMPTY PROPERTY
- REDUCE ADMINISTRATION COSTS
- DO REGULAR INSPECTIONS
- REVIEW YOUR RENT
- ADHERE TO RELEVANT LAWS
- VALUE GOOD TENANTS
- KEEP THE PROPERTY MAINTAINED
Move on, move up … get the ball rolling with Own Homes.